Thursday 9 August 2012

Bottle Top Bag

Whilst flicking through my local magazine I came across a photo of singer Jessie J wearing a tee with bottle top embellished sleeves. Inspired by Jessie J and the quirkiness of this photo I decided to make my own bottle top clutch bag.
Jessie J
After a bit of a struggle I managed to collect a large haul of bottle tops from all over the world, courtesy of my friend (massive thanks.)
  • I used leatherette material for my clutch bag, and lined the insides with black silk. To do this I stitched the lining onto the back of my leatherette cut out.
  • I then stitched the sides of the material together, forming a clutch bag. 
  • I tried and tested many different methods for attaching the bottle tops to the leather material, and although I initially wanted to turn the tops into buttons and sew them on to the bag; this however proved very difficult without denting the bottle tops. Due to this I ended up super gluing the bottle tops on to the bag.

Shoes- THE WHITEPEPPER

Jeans- Topshop
                                                                                 
                                                                                          

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realise you had made the clutch! Even more impressive x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you! Love your 'heart of junk' :)

      Delete