Saturday 1 December 2012

Design Bundle


I was originally going to post a trio of vintage designs but after playing with the paint I decided these three would have to do.  The three designs are loosely vintage inspired; I also tried to create pieces which were slightly similar and sophisticated.



Design 1- Vintage Fur Collar Suit

For this design, I was loosely inspired by the 1920's and 30's. I wanted to try designing office wear and thought attempting to paint fur would benefit and develop my design skills. The bottom of the two piece's jacket has an alternative hem, which is slightly raised above the rest of the design.

















Design 2- Houndstooth Dress

My second design was inspired by both the 1950's and 1960's; I also tried to incorporate Audrey Hepburn's style into this piece with the addition of the black satin gloves. I was interested to see how easy the houndstooth pattern would be to achieve using a paint brush (not very as it turns out!) I also chose to make the dress knee length to emphasise the classic style I was working towards.
















Design 3- Fur Collar Dress

This design wasn't based on any time period in particular but vintage styles in general. Initially when painting this I was meant to be designing a coat, I found it difficult to look like outerwear and quite liked how it skimmed over the figure.






























I'll be posting another post tomorrow (hopefully) to make up for last week.
Enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment