Sunday 17 November 2013

Fight or Flight?


'Fashion has dictated feathers high in the pecking order for autumn, but can plumage translate from catwalk to high street?'- The Telegraph

Ok, so it may not be the most practical of fashion trends, or the most washing machine friendly to say the least, but I for one cannot think of anything more glamorous than the noble bird feather. I have, over the past few weeks, found myself somewhat reluctant to invest in the trend, allowing all, or what little sensibleness I have, dictate my wardrobe. So I ask, when did fashion, and I mean our fashion, our domesticated day- to-day life fashion, get so boring? That's the thing about feathers, they're impractical. They're in your face, appealing to all aspects of romanticism. Loud and extrovert, they epitomise fun fashion. Maybe feathers aren't something you venture to your local Asda in and they're certainly not weather friendly- but they're dangerous, it's a trend screaming out to our inner SJPs, our inner Cher's from 'Clueless.' This time, with Santa's cooperation, I'm just going to do it. So what will you do? Will you fight, or will you flight?


  .High Street Edit.

Marabou Feather Bag- Topshop/ Ruffle Feather Sandals- Topshop
Suede Sandals- & Other Stories/ Tseri Feather Trim Dress- LK Bennett
Thanks for reading,

 * Thought I'd finish with a few snaps from Lumiere at the weekend-


6 comments:

  1. I can imagine wearing feathers, love that last dress.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment!- Yeah, just a shame about its price tag!

      Delete
  2. Impractical is my middle name. I own a feathered cardigan...and I wish I had more things with feathers on them. I've actually been on the search for an ostrich feather skirt that won't cost me an arm and a leg. It's harder to find than I thought!

    I completely agree with you on fashion getting a little boring. What's wrong with wearing something so glam every once and a while? Feathers are always so refreshing to see on outfits. I think they're lovely.

    Just found your blog and I'm glad I did :) I'm now following you on GFC and Bloglovin.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, I'm glad I'm not the only feather fanatic!! Hope you finish the quest of finding yourself an ostrich skirt soon!! Checking your blog out now. x

      Delete
  3. Love those feathers, it looks feminine and charming, great selection! ! I liked your blog a lot. Would you like to follow each other. Will be lad if you visit my blog
    Have a wonderful day!
    www.impromp-two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that would be great. I'm checking your blog out now! x

      Delete