Sunday 7 April 2013

Monochrome Trousers/ Zara Sandals

This week I did something very unusual. For the first time in years I did some spontaneous shopping; for me, shopping is always a very organised and planned experience. Since a disaster in the Zara changing rooms over a pair of checked cigarette pants, an experience which I do not care to relive, printed trousers and I have never been the greatest of friends. After the changing room antics I have envied anyone I've seen wearing bright, colourful fabrics in the form of trousers; so much so that I even surprised myself when I decided to order these asos checked beauties. When the trousers arrived I would be lying if I said I wasn't intimated by their bold print, which the asos photograph certainly hadn't prepared me for. After much debating I, hesitantly to say the least, decided not to take them back. Armed with the last £30 in my bank account I rushed over to Zara to see if they had anything to aid a short legged girl preparing to go out in what felt like a very outlandish pair of trousers. I bought a pair of black ankle strap sandals, which thankfully even I can walk in; although I did have to use all my willpower to avoid buying multiple pairs of metallic goodness. With the shoes, I think the trousers work (yes, even on a midget) and I teamed the look with a Topshop high neck tank (please excuse the button slip.) If you haven't noticed by now I'm also wearing Hoop earrings. There was a time in my life where hoop earrings were considered 'chavy' and although this may still be the case; I feel here they are both necessary and acceptable.


Can you tell which ones were taken on my iphone?!
On another note, I have a favour to ask you all. No, don't worry it won't take you long. I decided, as it seems I haven't before, to mention my bloglovin account. I would really appreciate it if any of my current followers, or anyone who likes this post, would follow me on bloglovin (I've heard rumours they're getting rid of the GFC)


Thank you!
Hope you enjoyed reading and I'll see you week, just before the dreaded art exam (save me!)


16 comments:

  1. You honestly look like a little doll (in an amazing way) You are so so so so beautiful and i love your style!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com
    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're far too nice :) xxx

      Delete
  2. i LOVE this outfit.
    everything has just been styled to within an inch of PERFECTION
    www.lamodemm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so beautiful :) love that outfit!!

    x Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pants, darling!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab! I love your pants and the print is fantastic and you paired them so well with your heels. You look great!
    I have a feeling your going to find plenty of ways to style these pants.
    xo,
    Jackie
    www.stylemydreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Yes, I look forward to it xx

      Delete
  6. Love those pants! Has anyone ever told you that you look like Katherine Hepburn? Gorgeous! Thanks for the message on IFB! I'm following you through Bloglovin now ;)

    xoxo,
    Alicia G.
    fashionfiles123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank. Really? No, no one has said I look like her before but I will take it as a massive compliment :)
      XX

      Delete
  7. pretty outfit, really nice trousers ;)X


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the trousers! They look great on you!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete